It is nice to hear that you are interested in the COVID workshop, in this message I will be providing some more information about it.
This workshop will be mostly discussion based, and is created by TC’s for TC’s. The main subject will be the impact of COVID-19 on training centers. In order to explore this topic, 5 questions will be discussed:
- How is COVID-19 impacting your ability to give training and organise (CBRN) exercises?
a. Is you TC focussing on CBRN training on a technical, operational level or a strategical level?
- What educational methods are you using now to continue training during COVID-19?
a. Advantages and disadvantages
b. Cost efficiency?
c. Will you keep implementing these methods after the pandemic?
- Will there be a change of curriculum as a result of COVID-19 (if yes, how will that be implemented)
a. If yes, how will that be implemented?
i. Are you responsible for building the curriculum?
b. Will there be any changes in infrastructure?
c. Will there be more focus on the B element of CBRN?
- How do you intend to organise an exercise with a “B” component in the future?
a. Are there any changes from how you would do it now?
b. Will you do more pandemic simulations/exercises?
- How do you implement decontamination because of COVID-19? (of vehicles etc.)
a. Is it necessary to implement decontamination?
b. How do you decontaminate your material?
The meeting itself will be on WebEx, and a link will be e-mailed to you. If you want, you can register by filling out this link: https://forms.gle/Vcb1Heyg3hastfrq9 or by sending an e-mail to me (email@example.com).
Please let me know if you have any more questions.